What are the common safety tests for lithium batteries
With the increasing application of lithium batteries, the corresponding accidents are also increasing. Many people have questions: Do lithium batteries need to be tested? , Each batch of batteries will be inspected to reach consumers before leaving the factory to ensure the safety of the batteries and reduce potential safety hazards.
The following are common test items
1. Squeeze: Place the fully charged battery on a flat surface (a steel rod with a diameter of 32mm), and use a hydraulic pressure of 13±1KN. Once the squeezing pressure reaches the maximum, stop squeezing. The battery will not fire or explode .
2. Impact test: After the battery is fully charged, place it on a flat surface, place a steel column with a diameter of 15.8mm vertically in the center of the battery, and drop a 9.1kg weight freely from a height of 610mm onto the steel column above the battery , The battery does not catch fire or explode. .
3. Overcharge test: Fully charge the battery with 1C, and conduct an overcharge test according to 3C overcharge 10V. When the battery is overcharged, the voltage rises to a certain voltage and stabilizes for a period of time. When it is close to a certain time, the battery voltage rises rapidly. When a certain limit is reached, the top cap of the battery is pulled off, the voltage drops to 0V, and the battery does not catch fire or explode.
4. Short-circuit test: After the battery is fully charged, short-circuit the positive and negative poles of the battery with a wire with a resistance of not more than 50mΩ to test the surface temperature change of the battery. The maximum temperature of the battery surface is 140℃. explosion.
5. Nail test: Place the fully charged battery on a flat surface, and pierce the battery in the radial direction with a steel needle with a diameter of 3mm. The test battery does not fire or explode.
6. Temperature cycle test: The temperature cycle test of lithium ion battery is used to simulate the safety of lithium ion battery when it is repeatedly exposed to low temperature and high temperature during transportation or storage. The test is to use rapid and extreme temperature Changes are made. After the test, the sample should not fire, explode, or leak.