How to choose an electric bicycle? Lead battery or lithium battery
With the spread of COVID-19 in the world, how to avoid infection has become a very serious topic. It is difficult to keep distance on public transportation, so many people consider riding electric bicycles to commute to get off work. The power source of electric vehicles is batteries, either lead-acid batteries or lithium batteries. What are the advantages and disadvantages of these two batteries? How to choose?
●The advantages and disadvantages of lead-acid batteries
Lead-acid batteries are cheap and have high recycling value. You can exchange old for new and make up the price difference to exchange for a new set of batteries. Lead-acid batteries are mature and have high safety and almost no fire or explosion. However, the volume and weight of lead-acid batteries are very large. Secondly, the cycle life of lead-acid batteries is within 400 times, with memory, and the service life is about 2 years (in most cases, within 1.5 years
● Advantages and disadvantages of lithium batteries
Lithium batteries are small in size and light in weight. The volume of lithium batteries is 2/3 of the volume of lead-acid batteries, and the weight is about 1/3. The reduction in weight increases the endurance of electric vehicles by about 10%. The cycle life is more than 800 times, no memory, and the general life span is basically about 4 to 5 years. However, the production cost of lithium batteries is high, and the price is about three times that of lead-acid batteries. The recycling value of lithium batteries is not high, most of them can only be thrown away if they are worn out
After introducing the advantages and disadvantages of lead-acid batteries and lithium batteries, I will calculate the replacement cost for everyone, and see if it is the high input cost of lead-acid batteries or the high input cost of lithium batteries.
●Lead-acid battery replacement cost:
We searched on the Internet that the lead-acid battery 60V 20Ah is priced at 1068 yuan, while the trade-in price is 718 yuan. Based on the service life of lead-acid electricity for one year and the use time is three years, then the total cost of replacing lead-acid batteries For 2504 yuan
●Lithium battery replacement cost:
The price of the lithium battery 60V 20Ah is 1898 yuan. According to the calculation, the lithium battery will be charged and discharged for a total of about 600 times after two years of use. At this time, the battery capacity of the lithium battery has only lost 20%, and the remaining 80% of the battery capacity is still Can satisfy your daily riding.
Therefore, if you plan to buy an electric bike and replace it after one year of riding, it is more cost-effective to buy an electric bike that uses lead-acid batteries. If you don’t consider replacing the bike, then starting from the second year, replace the battery with lead-acid batteries. The cost advantage of batteries has become negligible. When the battery is replaced again in the third year, the cost of lead-acid batteries will obviously exceed that of lithium batteries.