What are the advantages of lithium batteries
Lithium-ion batteries are slowly replacing lead-acid batteries and nickel-cadmium has become a trend. Compared with other batteries, what are the characteristics of lithium-ion batteries?
1. Higher energy-to-weight ratio and energy-to-volume ratio;
2. The voltage is high, the voltage of a single lithium battery is 3.6V, which is approximately equal to the series voltage of 3 nickel-cadmium batteries;
3. The self-discharge rate is very small and can be stored for a long time, which is the biggest advantage of the battery.
4. In the case of the same capacity, the weight of the lithium-ion battery is half of the nickel-cadmium battery, and the volume is 40-50% of the nickel-cadmium battery.
5. In terms of voltage, the operating voltage of a single lithium-ion battery is 3.6V (average value), which is equivalent to three nickel-cadmium connected in series.
6. In terms of cycle life, under normal conditions, the charge and discharge cycles of lithium-ion batteries can exceed 500 times, while Keheng New Energy’s 3.7v battery cell can reach 2000 times (25°C@100%DOD, 1C), This greatly reduces the cost of using lithium batteries. Lithium-ion battery technology is relatively advanced and does not contain heavy metals, which reduces environmental pollution relatively
7. In terms of memory effect, battery memory effect refers to the reversible failure of the battery, that is, the performance that can be restored after the battery fails. The memory effect means that the battery automatically maintains this specific tendency after being subjected to a specific working cycle for a long time. Lithium-ion batteries do not have this effect. In terms of charging, the use of a constant current and constant voltage charger with a rated voltage of 4.2V can fully charge the lithium-ion battery in one to two hours.
In addition, lithium-ion batteries do not contain metal lithium, so they can be carried on various vehicles.